EbenGregory.com got another little cosmetic nip/tuck over the weekend. More upgrades and tune-ups. Hit the jump for the details.
And here’s what the new and improved Culture. News. Truth. site is now offering by way of a recent change:
1. Upgraded to a CDN Network. What does that mean EbenGregory? That means I hooked up with the industry experts over at WP Engine who uses only top-of-the line dedicated hardware. They hand built me a WordPress-specific EverCache system that delivers pages in 15 milliseconds on a fully-managed CDN service, where they serve my static content from “edge” servers all around the world, reducing latency by seconds. Yeah that.
2. Better Security. I hired the good folks over at Sucuri who are the de facto standard in web malware cleanup. In the past, malware has tried to not let me be great so I got the experts monitoring malware, blacklisting, DNS, WHOIS, SSL Certification, and site changes on a daily basis in real time.
3. Trending Now Section. This new section allows you to find the top stories on Ebengregory.com with ease.
4. What You’re Saying Section. This is the new comments section that features your comments and puts them on display. Some of y’all are even funnier than me and I thought this would be a nice touch for people to see the funny sh*t y’all say that makes me laugh.
5. Newsletter Sign-Up Box. I know you been trying to figure out how to sign up to the daily newsletter. Now it’s as easy as 1,2 click.
6. A New and Improved Comments Section. You can finally reply to the poster or to the people making comments and upload See…I was listening.
Additionally, I’m currently also beta-testing a new mobile site and a new IPAD app that should hit the street in the next couple of weeks.
Now that we got that out the way, I just wanna say I appreciate all you mofos who come check for me religiously. I know I have an uncommon way of explaining common sense and I just wanna say thanks for giving me the platform to get on my non-sturdy soap box and preach it like I feel it.
PS, before you go, check out my beard again.