A judge seeks to indict a man that Lil’ Boosie allegedly hired to commit a murder.
A judge has refused to throw out first-degree murder indictments and declined to suppress incriminating statements for a man that Lil’ Boosie allegedly hired for murder, reports The Advocate.
In October 2009, Boosie reportedly hired then 17-year-old Michael “Marlo Mike” Louding to kill Terry Boyd. Earlier this week, Louding’s attorney, Margaret Lagattuta, asked state District Judge Trudy White to dismiss the first-degree murder indictment in the Boyd case because of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that states “cannot automatically impose life sentences without the possibility of parole on juveniles in murder cases.”
In Louisiana, a first-degree murder conviction leads to either death by lethal injection or life in prison. Now 20, Louding is not eligible for the death penalty because he was a juvenile at the time of the incident. His lawyer said that she would be unable to explain to the jury what sentence Louding might face if convicted, and will ask the state 1st Circuit Court of Appeal to review the denial to lift the indictment.
Additionally, Lagattuta asked the judge to suppress statements where he admitted involvement in five separate homicides. During Boosie’s trial, Louding testified that he and Hatch had nothing to do with Boyd’s death, and denied killing anyone else. Prosecutors believe that he lied to the jury.
Louding is currently scheduled to stand trial on March 18th.
Last year, Boosie was found not guilty in Boyd’s murder. He is presently serving an eight-year sentence for attempting to smuggle codeine, ecstasy and marijuana into jail.
This is EbenGregory.com…telling you the only reason i chose that picture is because Boosie wanted me to. When he took that picture he was looking to portray a certain look. I just helped him with that look. But…here’s what else I want to help him with – a couple of facts about that look. I call this…Silent Genocide: Facts about the Deepening Plight of Black Men in America
• Only 45% of Black men graduate from high school in
the United States.
• Just 22 % of Black males who began at a four-year
college graduated within six years.
• 69% of Black children in America cannot read at gr
ade level in the 4th grade, compared with 29% among White children.
• 32% of all suspended students are Black. Black students (mostly Black males) are twice as likely as Whites to be suspended or expelled.
• 67% of Black children are born out of wedlock.
• At comparable educational levels, Black men earn 67% of what White men make.
• White males with a high-school diploma are just as likely to have a job and tend to earn just as much as Black males with college degrees.
• Blacks make up only 3.2% of lawyers, 3% of doctors, and less than 1% of architects in America.
• 53% of Black men aged 25-34 are either unemployed or earn too little to lift a family of four from poverty.
• While constituting roughly 12% of the total population, Black America represents nearly 30% of America’s poor.
• 45% of Black children live below the poverty line, compared with 16% of White children.
• The net worth of a Black family in America is $6,100 versus $67,000 for a White family.
• Blacks account for only 12% of the U.S. population, but 44 % of all prisoners in the United States are Black.
• Blacks, who comprise only 12% of the population and account for about 13% of drug users, constitute 35% of all arrests for drug possession, 55% of all convictions on those charges, and 74% of all those sentenced to prison for possession.
And now…take a look at the Lil Boosie picture again and tell me it’s a good look.